The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) grants an incentive payment to eligible health care professionals, eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals that can demonstrate efforts to adopt, implement or upgrade certified electronic health record technology. These incentives were established under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
To qualify for the EHR incentive payments, hospitals and eligible providers are required to meet at least one of these four public health-related objectives during Stage 1:
- Submission of immunization registry data
- Submission of syndromic surveillance data
- Submission of reportable laboratory reports
- Submission of data to cancer registries.
We Want to Work With You
DHEC is interested in working with eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals on public-health related meaningful use objectives. We are currently able to receive electronic submissions for the four public health-related objectives listed above for the purpose of meaningful use attestation.
Here are the Steps to Follow
To participate in the meaningful use process with DHEC, follow these three steps:
Visit the Web pages below to obtain additional guidance, messaging specifications, and contact information for each public health meaningful use objective
CDC EHR Meaningful Use Public Health Options
Electronic Laboratory Report (ELR)
Immunization Registry Data
Follow the appropriate link below to register your interest in beginning the attestation process.
S.C. DHEC Cancer Registry Meaningful Use Registration
S.C. DHEC Electronic Laboratory Report (ELR) Meaningful Use Registration
S.C. DHEC Immunization Registry Meaningful Use Registration
S.C. DHEC Syndromic Surveillance Meaningful Use Registration
Coordinate with us to schedule implementation and testing. We will issue an official certificate of test completion to acknowledge success in meeting the meaningful use public health objectives.
- For cancer registry data reporting, contact: email@example.com or call (803) 898-8000.
- For immunization registry data reporting, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 439-4082 (select option 2, Immunization Registry).
- For electronic lab reports (ELR) or syndromic surveillance data, contact: email@example.com.
This page last updated February 6, 2017