DHEC News Release: Statewide leaders and child advocates to discuss strategies for helping all South Carolina children succeed
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 19, 2013
Statewide leaders and child advocates to discuss strategies for helping all South Carolina children succeed
COLUMBIA, S.C. - S.C. DHEC Director Catherine Templeton will join a panel discussion hosted by The Institute for Child Success and Nurse-Family Partnership® (NFP), two organizations working to improve access to early childhood care and education across South Carolina.
The panel discussion will be held Friday, Feb. 22, 2013, from Noon-1:30 p.m. at Market Pavilion Hotel, 225 E. Bay St., Charleston, SC 29401.
- Catherine Templeton, director, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Chris Bishop, eastern region program developer, Nurse-Family Partnership
- Dr. Susan Shi, chair, Board of Directors, The Institute for Child Success
- NFP's achievements since launching in South Carolina in 2008
- ICS's support of NFP and other programs that give South Carolina's children and families access to the resources they need to succeed
- DHEC's support for early childhood education