This page was created to help keep South Carolina's county officials updated on the latest guidance, recommendations and information as we respond to COVID-19.
Guidance for Developing a Plan for those Requiring Housing during Quarantine/Isolation
On April 3, 2020, DHEC developed and distributed the COVID-19 Guidance for Developing a Plan for those Requiring Housing during Quarantine/Isolation to county emergency managers. DHEC will continue to work collaboratively with local, county and state governments to provide a system that meets the needs of our entire population. DHEC is actively working to address questions as they arise and the guidance will be updated periodically. For latest guidance, click here.
First Responders Guidance
- Interim Guidance for EMS
- Guidance for Law Enforcement
- State EMS Protocol on Emerging Diseases - (PDF)
- COVID-19 resources for fire and EMS
Resources for County Managers
- S.C. Association of Counties COVID-19 Resources
- S.C. Emergency Management Division
- Governor McMaster's Executive Orders
- DHEC Regional Offices
Medical Supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile
South Carolina requested its full allocation of supplies from the Strategic National Stockpile in order to provide medical supplies to all counties to help with COVID-19 response. We received the first shipment on March 17, a second shipment March 25, and third shipment April 2. After DHEC staff inventoried the materials, the items were distributed to all 46 counties by the South Carolina National Guard. The distribution of materials was data driven to ensure needs are fairly met based on county populations based on the 2010 Census and emergent needs.
The breakdown of items for all shipments are provided below.
- Total Allocations for all Counties (PDF)
- County Allocation of the first shipment of SNS on March 20, 2020 (PDF)
- County Allocation of the second shipment of SNS on March 27, 2020 (PDF)
- County Allocation of the third shipment of SNS on April 2, 2020 (PDF)