English | Español
¿Necesitas ayuda? Si tiene dificultades para entender el inglés, puede solicitar servicios de asistencia con el idioma. Comuníquese con su clínica local de WIC. Si tiene una discapacidad, puede hacer arreglos contactando a su clínica local de WIC.
It's here! Your eWIC card is like a debit or credit card. You can use your eWIC card to buy WIC-approved foods at authorized stores. Your local WIC office will add your family's benefits to your eWIC account.
How does eWIC help WIC families?
eWIC means a more convenient shopping experience. eWIC shoppers can expect:
- fewer chances of misplacing and/or losing checks
- the ability to purchase items over multiple visits each month
- ease at checkout
How will I use my eWIC card when I shop?
- Choose WIC foods using your WIC shopping list, benefit balance, and Food Guide
- Pick a checkout lane that accepts WIC (if applicable)
- Tell the cashier you are using an eWIC card
- Place your WIC items first, ahead of other foods
- Swipe your eWIC card and enter your 4-digit PIN
- Use another form of payment for non-WIC items
- Keep the store receipt and eWIC card for your next WIC shopping trip
The steps may vary from store to store.
How do I get WIC benefits on my WIC account?
At your WIC appointment, WIC staff will add your benefits to your family's eWIC account. You will get a list of your family's WIC benefits for the next three months. The list will have start and end dates for your benefits.
Can I turn in my paper checks for an eWIC card?
At your first WIC appointment following the eWIC rollout in your region, you will be given an eWIC card. At that time, you should turn in any remaining paper checks. You will not be able to turn in your paper checks before that.
Who should I contact if I have trouble with my eWIC card?
- Talk to your local WIC agency staff
- Visit your store's customer service desk
- Call eWIC card customer service at 1-855-279-0679
- Visit www.WICconnect.com
When will eWIC come to my area?
You can expect to see eWIC in your area beginning in:
- Kershaw County - May 2019
- Midlands- September 2019
- Pee Dee- October 2019
- Lowcountry- October 2019
- Upstate- November 2019
Participating WIC families will be notified about eWIC through their local agencies.
What if I have more questions about eWIC?
- Talk to your WIC local agency
- Check out the SC eWIC card guide brochure, available in:
Commonly used terms
The eWIC card will replace the paper benefits. It will be issued in the clinic and contain the household's benefits ( e.g. the quantity of milk will reflect the total for each individual participant in the household). The eWIC card is used for payment at the grocery store.
PIN (Personal Identification Number):
Participants must select a PIN when provided a WIC card before the card can be used. At the grocery store, participants must enter their PIN using a keypad, after swiping their WIC card. Anyone who knows the PIN is able to use the WIC card.