DHEC regulates all Grade A Dairy facilities in the state that produce, haul, process, package, and distribute milk and milk products. We run lab tests on samples of raw and finished products and water supplies from each facility.
- Regulation 61-34.1 – Pasteurized Milk and Milk Products
- Grade “A” Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (2013 PMO)
- Regulation 61-34 – Raw Milk for Human Consumption
- Regulation 61-35 – Imitation Milk, Imitation Milk Products, and Products Made in Semblance of Milk and Milk Products
Application & Permit
- Application for Dairy or Manufactured Food Permit – DHEC 1752 - Apply for a permit for a Bulk Milk Hauler, Bulk Milk Tanker, Dairy Farm (Cow or Goat), Raw (Cow, Goat or Sheep) Dairy Farm, Milk Distribution Station, Milk Pasteurization Firm, or Single-Service Milk Containers and Closures Manufacturing Firm.
- Dairy Product Establishment Sample Application
Submit a complete and signed application to DHEC by following the instructions at the bottom of the form. Applications with blank fields and/or unsigned are incomplete and cannot be accepted.
Sample Inspection Reports
- Bulk Milk Hauler/Sampler – DHEC 1605
- Milk Tank Truck – DHEC 1606
- Dairy Farm & Raw Dairy Farm – DHEC 1709
- Milk Distribution Station – DHEC 1788a
- Milk Pasteurization Plant – DHEC 1788
- Single-Service Milk Containers and Closures Manufacturing Firm – DHEC 1608
- Boil Water Emergencies
- Foodborne & Waterborne Illnesses
- Food Poisoning – What to Do
- Radiological Monitoring of Dairy Milk
- Food and Drug Administration
- SC DHEC Food Safety Consumer Complaint System - This system may be used by consumers who believe a S.C. dairy product has caused the consumer or a family member to become sick or is in some other way endangering public health and safety or violating food safety laws.
- SC DHEC Manufactured Food
- SC DHEC Retail Food Establishments
- South Carolina Department of Agriculture
- United States Department of Agriculture