Skip to content

It's as easy as 1-2-3!

Remember, please bring the family members applying for WIC services to the appointment. (This may be you, your child and/or your infant). If the appointment is for a child, only a parent or legal caretaker who lives with the child can bring the child and complete the paperwork.

Who Should I Bring To The Appointment?

You must bring at least one form of identification (ID) for yourself and one form of ID for your infant or child who is applying for WIC. Here are the IDs that WIC accepts:

Adult Applicants, Parents and Caretakers – Acceptable IDs

  • Driver's license
  • Valid ID card with photo
  • Current bill with name on it
  • Current insurance card/policy
  • Active Medicaid card or notice of eligibility
  • Valid passport
  • U.S. military identification
  • Valid Social Security card
  • Marriage license
  • School ID or record
  • Voter registration card
  • S.C. state-issued ID with photo
  • Recent paycheck/pay stub
  • S.C. beginner's permit
  • Current S.C. WIC ID card (must be currently participating in WIC program)

Infants and Children – Acceptable IDs

  • Birth certificate
  • Valid Social Security card
  • Foster child placement letter/notice
  • School ID or record
  • Active S.C. Medicaid card or notice of eligibility
  • Infant's hospital ID bracelet
  • Hospital birth card (crib card)
  • Current S.C. WIC ID card
  • Hospital footprint card with name

Proof Of Residency

You must also bring in one item that proves where you live. The item must show your street address. (No P.O. Box numbers will be accepted.)

Proof of Residency Documents that WIC Accepts

  • South Carolina driver's license
  • Car registration
  • Bank statement
  • WIC appointment letter (with street address)
  • Mortgage or rental agreement
  • Valid ID card with photo
  • Pay stub or military leave and earnings statement (LES) with address
  • Recent bill
  • Voter registration card
  • School record
  • S.C. beginner's permit
  • Tax document
  • Letter from a reliable third party (such as a social worker, landlord, etc.) confirming your address

Proof of Income

You must bring in proof of all income for every person living in your home.

Some of the Proofs that WIC Accepts

  • Active Medicaid card or notice of eligibility
  • SNAP notice of eligibility (An EBT card is not considered acceptable proof)
  • TANF notice of eligibility
  • Most recent pay stub
  • Regular cash contributions: bring a signed/dated letter from any person (not living in the household) who regularly contributes income to the household
  • Unemployment letter/notice or Workers' Compensation letter
  • Recent leave and earnings statement (LES) for military personnel
  • Foster child placement letter/foster parent award letter showing the amount received for foster care
  • Court order or divorce decree showing alimony and/or child support
  • Self-employment – Recent 1040 ES quarterly tax form or company account books (records) or 1040 form for the past year.
  • W-2 forms or income tax return for the most recent calendar year
  • Signed statement (to include the name of company, address, and telephone number) from employer indicating gross earning for a specific time period (such as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)

What happens once I'm approved?