Special Formula Program
Nutritional preparations recommended by licensed dieticians are provided under this program to children and youth
with selected medical conditions who require nutritional supplements for adequate growth and development.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency
- South Carolina residency
- Age under 18 years
- Household income at or below 250% federal
- Determination of need for special formula related to physician diagnosed medical condition covered by CRS
- Payment for approved nutritional preparations
- Assessment and monitoring of nutritional status
- Coordination with primary care provider(s) as needed.
How to Apply
Contact your nearest
regional CSHCN office or a licensed dietician.
If you have questions about getting services for your child with special needs, please contact
For more information, email Children with Special Health Care Needs, call us at (803) 898-0784 or visit us at one of our statewide locations. See a brief description of the work performed by DHEC's Children/Teens with Special Health Care Needs Program.