Skip to content

Permits: Community Celebrations, Festivals, Special Events (1-3 Days)

Anyone preparing or serving potentially hazardous food at a community celebration, festival, promotion or similar event lasting no more than 3 consecutive days will need a Special Events Permit from DHEC.

No food permit is needed for these types of 1-3 day special events if you are only serving foods that are 'not potentially hazardous' such as pre-packaged potato chips.