Air Quality Registration Permits
Advantages to Registration Permits
- Simplified application and permit issuance process
- Standardized permit conditions providing consistency across industry sectors
- Dual permitting process - construction and operating permit combined
- No construction permit professional engineer (P.E.) signature required
- Flexibility to construct or modify equipment without a construction permit
- Pre-determined eligibility criteria
- Sources are considered to be true minor source facilities
Below is a list of the Bureau of Air Quality's current registration permits:
- Auto Body Refinishing Shop
- Cotton Ginning Operations - any
facility or plant that separates cotton lint from cotton seed. This process typically includes cleaning
(removing plant material, dirt and other foreign matter) and packaging the lint into bales.
- Crematory Operations - covers crematories
used to process human or animal remains (does not cover incinerators located at an agricultural facility used
solely for agricultural cremation.)
- Fuel Combustion Operations - covers
facilities that have boilers and non-emergency generators/engines.
- Sawmill Operation - covers
facilities where logs (green wood) are cut into lumber (timber).
- Wood Working Operations - covers
operations that generate small wood waste particles (shavings, sanderdust, sawdust, etc.) by mechanically
manipulating wood or wood byproducts.
For more information please contact your permit writer or Air's